About the Firm
Everett Criminal Defense Attorney Protects Your Rights
Aggressive and compassionate defense for felonies and misdemeanors
An arrest for a serious crime can put your entire future in jeopardy. Fines, jail time, loss of reputation, and the disruption of your personal relationships are serious potential consequences. Fortunately, you can rely on the Laura Shaver to protect your rights and fight for a positive outcome. Her practice focuses exclusively on defending adults and juveniles accused of misdemeanors and felonies. She is available when you need her, and she wont stop fighting until your case is favorably resolved.
Reputable defense lawyer known for impressive victories
As a native WA, she is passionate about serving her community. She began her legal career as a public defender at the Yakima County Department of Assigned Counsel and then moved into private practice, where she took on tough appeals, clemency petitions, and complex felony cases such as rape, murder, and co-defendant trials. Through numerous successful cases, she has earned a reputation for being:
- Highly skilled — She has handled countless cases before judges and juries.
- Fearless — She is never intimidated, and her clients say she inspires their confidence.
- Responsive — She listens to her clients’ concerns and put their needs first at all times.
Having earned the respect of colleagues, adversaries, and judges in the criminal and juvenile court systems, she is able to negotiate fair resolutions that reduce potential penalties. She also aggressively challenges the State to prove every element of its case - a stance which has led to acquittals and dismissals of charges. You can count on her to persuasively argue your case to the prosecutor and judge. Although no attorney can guarantee results, she can promise you’ll have a fighter by your side who will safeguard your rights and work tirelessly for the best possible outcome.
Area of Practice
Ready to serve. Prepared to fight.
When you retain the Laura Shaver, you can expect an extensive investigation of your case, vigorous pre-trial litigation, and effective trial advocacy. She has a solid track record that includes not-guilty verdicts and dismissals in numerous jury trials for a wide variety of criminal charges. In her criminal defense practice
, she travels throughout Washington State to represent clients in cases involving:
- Felonies and Misdemeanors — She defends adults in criminal courts on charges that include drug crimes, weapons offenses, theft, robbery, burglary, sexual assault, assault, and homicide.
- Sex Crimes — She has the experience and skill to help you fight back against your accuser and prove your innocence in court.
- Juvenile Adjudications — She represents minors in the juvenile court system on a range of issues, including vandalism, shoplifting, robbery, drug possession and distribution, assault, homicide, and underage drinking. She fights for a fair outcome to mitigate any negative impact on your future.
- Post-Conviction — She assists with issues involving the Department of Corrections, probation violations that can infringe on your liberty, vacations of criminal convictions, clemency and pardon petitions, and post convictions motions at the trial and appellate level.
She is known as a skilled and fearless litigator. When you trust your case with her, you can count on an advocate who will work closely with you to protect your rights.
Contact the Everett office any time, 24/7, to schedule a free consultation
If you have been arrested in Everett or anywhere in Washington State, a dedicated defense attorney who will fight for you is only a phone call away. Call the Law Office of Laura Shaver day or night at 425-595-6130 or contact her online
to schedule a free consultation.